One of The Brightest Stars

Wednesday 20 August 2008

The parasite of paradise

With burnt desire I yearn for my dark mistress,
Awaiting her acceptance,
Her approval.
I've seen the ages pass by.
A callused soul;
The stench of decay.

Perseverence grips my heart,
And in the twilight hours I pray,
Pray for the strings of fate to guide me.
Pray for my sweet demoness to beckon me.
For I am but a parasite of paradise,
Hidden within the sweet sanctuary of life.
Cursed..
To be a step away from salvation,
But never reach it.
To never have a life of my own,
Can only share it.
Decorated veteran of solitude,
Medals add to the heap.

The eyes of the patriot,
Fixed through the scope.
The unknowing tyrant,
Walks to the rope.
It's where murder is justice that matyrs are made,
A one gun salute to a new independance day.
They'll hallow your name.
They'll hallow your name for your sacrifice.
You are the cause,
I am the effect.
Created in hatred a noose for your neck.
Never ending..
Never relenting..
Tireless..

The manacles bind me to this darkened fate.
So again I pray..
Beseeching my dark mistress,
Her liquid embrace;
Chasing away the day ever so sweetly.
Take me under your black wings.
So sweetly she shucks,
Away at my time.
So sweetly she draws me nigh.
Destroyer of senses.

Never wanted your acceptance.
Never wanted your approval.
Never wanted to be anything but me.
Never wanted anything but to be right there with you.

Speak in defense of our good name,
The blood of kin grants absolution.
I'll join them soon enough,
In the ground of god's country.
Jacked up on taste of self-destruction.


Sin†ner™
Do not wonder,
for I am but a shadow.

No comments: