One of The Brightest Stars

Tuesday 19 August 2008

Omerta

The paradigm broken,
For the day might soon come that ink well runs dry,
And must be filled with blood of the scribe.
Hopeless... demon of another day.
Colorless... stoned, solid grey.
Emptiness... of promises I made.
So faithless... the tenants long betrayed.
Silence, the only promise ever kept.
Familiar touch, a ritual to numb the cut
The siren's song is but a locked door away.
This id what has been wrought,
For the tongues of men and angels are bought by a beloved betrayer.
I am the result of the unspoken.
I've been all ears when you're talking.
Anguish is realising what might have been but never was
Words meant to dwell in darkness,
Shall never see the light of day.
The execution of the mandate,
Waiting for the hammer to come down.
Mouth full of dirt.
It's only getting worse,
Only worth a moment's regret.
Each dawn another curse,
every breath a twisting blade.
Your name will be removed from the registry,
Empty eyes will greet and turn and lock the gate.
Cheaply venal,
Stupidly verbose.
Omerta...
Sing for me now.
What will be left behind in the ashes of the wake.

Sin†ner™
Do not wonder,
for I am but a shadow.



Dear dar,

I know you all too well. The life you lead. The friend you confide in. Salvation lays dormant within you while the hour of reckoning draws near. You are the dark mistress of many, beholden only to me. Seek to understand Sin†ner™ but do not heed the words of the demented. They are all but rantings.

Another grey morning dawns the ashen sky, awaiting my sweet demoness to beckon me. A clouded judgement day is fueled. I'm a hard-boiled son of a bitch, calluses on my soul. Scraping away on the down hill grind, as life slowly unravels.

With nothing to show but wasted time and dust. A thousand points falling on your deafened funeral eardrums. I will rise above, so extract your life. Will you look within, then turn around and bite?

I continue in hopes of returning to solace. So sweetly honeysuckled on the tongue. The sound of silence blesses my ears, enveloping like your embrace I will one day lie in. The love you is planted deep and strong, I will carry it wherever I go. So take me back to where I belong.

Yours sincerely,
Ted

No comments: