One of The Brightest Stars

Saturday 2 May 2009

A contradiction for you

Still can't be bothered to change my blogskin and music even though I'm sick of looking at the whole thing and the music's just plain irritating. Lol.... I'm just too lazy =/

So back on topic, what's a hug to you? A friendly gesture, or perhaps a show of affection, each individual gives them out ,or should I say share the moment, with another based on different criteria.

I remember about 2 months back. A good friend shared with me a very funny valentine's day experience he had. It involved my dancer friend and a random pretty lady. Point is the pretty lady hugged him just to spread the love of valentine's day.

Now besides this kind of people, Singaporeans are pretty much REALLY SHY? People might want to argue that they're able to broach certain subjects blah blah, but they're not all that open or receptive to things foreign and not of the norm apparently.

We're all so staunched up in our view of society and social upbringings most of the time it's hard to open up to certain views that don't match our own. I remember N&N getting each other pissed off the other day because of this as well.

Going back onto affection, how many of you will actually display something similar to a person you just know and how many more are mature enough not to assume and despise another because "he/she did something which does not abide to regular social behaviour for a stranger/new friend"

I know people who are pretty staunch on physical contacts between a male and a female. He does this to her "I can call it molest",and I've heard stuff like "guys and girls shouldn't stand so close/hug"

Americans being labelled as crazy or slutty because they flash for the camera or have casual sex. But how can you judge based on just that. It's like we've not grown out of the social ettiquete from the 12th century or something where women can't even show their bare arms cause it's against moral values and you'd be called a slut.

You bump into a person and suddenly it becomes a fight. There's just so many things that show our social immaturity. If I want to put it in a really bad way I can say displaying such behaviour is being apparent to a savage man.

I've seen cases where people go on and on about seeing ghosts, about god, about religion about karma. Now I pose this question, does any of this make a direct impact in life? I've seen staunch christians who question others and say their god is the true god. Bodily harm for the sake of a religion is to dabble in the taboo. For each individual their take on this is different. There's more to things than what is told/knownso if I tell you the force exerted from a punch is enough to break the brick there, you still won't be able to do it without practice because it goes against the logic you've built up. Many would even say it's impossible to do it because their not strong enough, so then how did I drive my fist through one when I was a skinny little kid. You don't believe in something positive like this but yet are afraid of ghosts. Funny right. But for the brick thing it can be proven by physics but ghosts can not yet be proven yet so many people believe. If chanting prayers or wearing talismans can help. You mean there isn't a way to help yourself without god and without religion on this?

Sure I've seen the logic behind the whole supernatural thing and I have my beliefs. By the way I'm aethist, but not the kind that's into the whole "I've never seen a ghost so ghosts don't exist". Heck the majority say they have never seen one but believe they're there. I can't give a solid answer if they're there or they're not but I know one thing. So what. I've had plenty of supernatural encounters. I'm using this word cause it's just easier that way. One being a group of us go to OCH for I don't know why since they're scared. But I had to lead cause I've been there plenty and I'm supposed to chaperon. Then a girl gets possessed but what majority says is a pontianak and I exorcised it. Yeah that's one way to look at things, but another is. While walking down the halls she gets so freaked out her mind gets a little screwed and I had to do something that applies to the logic of the whole supernatural just so I "bluff" her that it's gone when it was something she created in her own mind. The second view is just playing with the human psyche which I'm all so fond of. I even play with my own once in awhile :D So back on topic why must most people see it either we see ghosts or we're lying to ourselves. Can't we be a little more open to the topic and wait. From my point of view, sitting on the fence here doesn't seem so bad. You just have to see it both ways.

Pardon my rantings and a little food for thought.

Sin†ner™
Do not wonder,
For I am but a shadow

No comments: